Obedience Level 1 Personal Title
What is this?
An opportunity to earn legs towards a Level 1 Obedience title or Level 1 ACE title while we are stuck at home. Passing Video performances can be combined with in-person performances past or future to earn a Level 1 title, including ACE.
These rules will be in effect from Apr 1 to Aug 1, 2020, and may be extended. This program will continue past the 8/1/2020 date and Level 2 will be added.
- Register your team with C-WAGS if you are not currently registered.
- Complete a Personal Trial Request form and pay a special $15 price* for the evaluation via PayPal, (or a check may be mailed). Payment is with the request. No payment due with the video submission.
- A judge will be assigned and contact you with your personal trial details.
- Video must be submitted within 60 days of the Personal Trial Request date.
- Capture on video what you think is a passing performance. The video may NOT be edited. Complete dog and complete handler must stay completely within view.
- Ideas to help – A “Cheat Sheet” of the exercises may be used and referenced during filming. Signs for each exercise may be placed on the ground or on cones in the planned start locations.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive. BE SURE the video is able to be viewed by others. In YouTube it would need to be posted as Public or Unlisted. Copy the link for your Personal Trial Submission Form.
- Judge will review your submitted Personal Trial and notify you of your results.
- Passing scores will be recorded. In-person and personal trial scores may be combined to earn the Obedience Level 1qv title.
- Open to residents of US and Canada
Example of Passing Video:
Personal Trial Request Forms
Personal Trial Submission Forms
Submitting videos is done only on-line.
One dog per form.
You may use any video hosting site that allows you to share your video’s URL. However, please don’t post it to Facebook. Your assigned judge may not be able to view the video.
YouTube is free for casual users. Becoming a new user may go easier if you already have a Gmail account.
Here is some information on uploading videos to YouTube:
***Summary of Updates***
7/1/2020 v. 4 Summary Video Obedience Level 1 Rules Updates (6/24/20)
- Clarified exercise set-ups and when scoring begins
7/1/2020 Summary Video Obedience Level 1 Rules Updates (6/20/20)
- Update on how short or missing pauses will be scored. Changed from NQ to 3 points off total score (effective 6/14)
- Specified that a Release or Sit ends each exercise.
- Added that using the incorrect position assigned by judge will result in an NQ
- Clarified Heel Position as including the option of Stand, Sit or Down where not specified.
- #3 Walk Around and #6 Stay both start with a heeling section of 8 feet.